If you are one of those people who likes to eat healthy food, but sometimes eats oily food because of the taste, you are in luck. Today we have brought for you air fryers that are affordable, through which you can make oil-free food with a very small amount of money.
You see, nobody wants the many health problems that come with consuming so much oil in our fries. In fact, we are all looking for ways to see if we can have fries but with little or no oil. This is what air fryers offer us: a chance to enjoy fries with 80% less oil than the traditional method of frying.
You see, while the old way of frying works by submerging the whole dish into oil and deep frying for an extended period of time, the air fryer simply circulates hot air around the food using a mechanism known as convection, thereby cooking the food from the outside to the inside in a very short period of time (usually 20% less time than it would take for the traditional method of frying).
Isn’t that just great?
Plus, fries are not the only things you can cook with air fryers. Chicken, fish, Pizza Bites, Mozzarella Sticks, cheeseburgers, Cheese Curds, French fries, pastries, and steak are among the many things you can cook with air fryers.
You must be thinking of getting one for yourself by now, so I have gone through the trouble of gathering the best ones in one place for you (you are welcome!).
Top 5 Best Affordable Air Fryers
These top air fryers are essentially high-performance, compact convection ovens. A fan inside the air fryer circulates air around a hidden heated element that distributes concentrated heat around the non-stick basket containing your food.
Here are the 5 best air fryer models that are affordable. All these air fryers are inexpensive and rated according to the consumer report.
This is a solidly built air fryer with a 3.7-quart capacity; one large enough to feed an entire small family. It allows for cooking temperatures ranging from 175°F – 400°F, which is hot enough to cook just about any finger food.
GoWISE air fryer was beautifully designed to be both affordable and very easy to use. With a touchscreen that allows you to manually program the cooking, this electric air fryer offers you things not many air fryers would offer you and at such a low price.
Additionally, it has a preset menu for Chips, Meat, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, and Fish. You could choose any of the above, if that’s what you are about to fry, and let the fryer handle the rest or you could manually punch in the temperature and time you feel is appropriate for what you are about to fry. This air fryer also goes on automatic standby mode as soon as cooking is complete.
- Easy to clean parts
- Large capacity
- Solid built
- A wide range of cooking temperature
- Automatic standby mode
- Additional cost as parts like cooking basket need to be purchased
- Certain food, fish especially, may come out unevenly cooked
This digital air fryer is also built with a 3.7-quart capacity and has a touchscreen display to aid you in navigating and programming. You can use the touchscreen to use the preset temperature and time preferences.
The cooking temperature on it can be adjusted to as high as 400°F, allowing you to cook a lot of food. Because of its high temperature range, this air fryer also can be used as a grill, a roaster, and an oven.
- Large capacity
- Uses a 30-minute timer
- Safe to clean in the dishwasher
- A wide range of temperature
- The basket might be too small to hold a couple of fish fillets or chicken breasts at a time
This is the air fryer you want to go for if what you are looking for is an excellent cooking experience at a rather inexpensive price.
Designed with a dual fan system, it gets the job done effectively and in record time. With its 2 Liters or 8 cups holding capacity, this air fryer will produce about 2 to 4 servings at a go.
The air fryer’s wide temperature range (adjustable from 175°F – 400°F) allows you to cook several types of food with it. It is also built with a couple of indicator lights, one to tell when it is powered on and another to shut off when the cooking temperature has been achieved.
- Cooks food faster and more effectively
- Contains a relatively large space for carrying food
- Wide temperature range
- Contains a 30-minute timer to automatically regulate cooking
- Makes using easier with indicator lights
- Easy to clean detachable parts
- Very sleek design with a User Manual
- Capacity may be too small for certain types of food
- Maybe unfit for use in countries with a voltage of 220V, 50H
This one comes with an extra large capacity. The basket can hold an entire chicken. It can heat up in just 3 minutes and has a wide temperature range (180°F – 400°F).
And because of this wide temperature range, the air fryer can be used for other purposes aside frying including grilling, baking, and roasting.
It is built with a 60-minute timer and contains two indicator lights, including one to indicate when it is powered on and one to shut off after the cooking temperature has been reached.
- Extra-large capacity
- Wide temperature range
- Easy-to-clean detachable parts
- Cool to touch even during use
- Comes with toaster rack, skewers, and recipes
- Can be quite noisy
- Comes with analog controls
This air fryer could pass for the prettiest air fryer out there with its classic, chic appearance. This appliance is built with a Turbo Cyclonic Air feature with which it circulates hot air all over the food allowing the food to cook faster and evenly.
It is quite spacious with its 3.4-quart capacity. The temperature can be adjusted to up to 400°F, a feature that allows it to be used for other purposes aside from frying.
It can also be used to roast, steam, sauté, bake ,and grill. The air fryer also comes with a digital interface and built-in smart programs with 7 preset menus to help you operate it.
- Spacious cooking space
- An excellent cooking performance with the Turbo Cyclonic Air feature
- Detachable and easy-to-clean parts
- Dishwasher friendly
- Very beautiful design with a User Manual
- Control panel could become very hot during use
What to Pay Attention to When Choosing the Best Affordable Air Fryer?
Before purchasing a home appliance of this type, you should carefully examine all the design features you like, which will directly determine its performance:
- The capacity of oil and products: the professional units can have a capacity of up to 55 liters, for one home appliance 0.5-0.7 liters is enough; such a volume is enough for a small family of two people. If the family is larger, then the optimal cup volume will be about one and a half liters. Now there are even two-cup models for the simultaneous preparation of several meals at once
- The power of the heating element should be in the range of 800 to 2000 watts. The higher it is, the faster the air will warm up to the optimum frying temperature
- Type of control: electronic or mechanical. Today’s products with electronic regulation of all processes are becoming more and more popular in order to fully control the cooking process
- Filters that prevent foreign smells and evaporation of boiling oils, as a result of which they all remain inside the device itself
- The inner surface is usually made of stainless steel or metal with a non-stick coating. It is well-cleaned, prevents the accumulation of fat, and prevents the appearance of an unpleasant odor in the food
- You can also consider accessories that the fryer includes. Some fryers come with single baskets and others can have different types of fryer baskets or pots, or even grits that allow you to stack different types of food inside the fryer. The greater the variety of accessories is, the more functional your fryer becomes when it comes to preparing all sorts of foods
- Another important factor to consider is cleaning. Ideally, you should invest in an air fryer that has dishwasher safe parts. Naturally, you won’t be able to put the entire machine into your dishwasher since the digital components just don’t fare well when these parts are wet. But the removable parts should be dishwasher safe so you can cut back on cleaning.
What Foods Can I Prepare in My Air Fryer?
Air fryers were initially designed to replace your need for deep frying food with oil so you won’t have to consume too much oil and calories. All of the air fryers included on this list are perfect for cooking all of those foods you normally would have deep fried. This includes foods like onion rings, fries, potato wedges, sweet potato fries, crumbed fish, crumbed chicken, pop tarts, nuggets, fish fingers, crumbed mushrooms, and many other foods.
While your air fryer is mainly designed to replace the need for deep frying, you can use it to produce roasted foods as well. Deep fryers have different settings and functions but most modern digital units function with compact air that crisps the outside of food and cooks the inside of the food. The result is food that has a crispy or roasted outside with a soft center. You can use your fryer to roast all sorts of foods such as fruits, veggies, kebabs, sausages, chicken, steak, pies, and many other foods.
Many people even use their air fryers to make dried fruit slices. These fruits slices are an ideal snack to substitute sugary treats that can cause weight gain. You can use your air fryer to dry out all sorts of fruits slices such as banana, grapes, apple, pear, strawberry, and many others to preserve these foods.
If you want to get an air fryer that can be used for cooking various foods then it is probably best to consider all of the specifications before you buy.
While all of these fryers can be used for cooking most of these foods, it is still wise to find one with lots of digital programs so you can set it at the correct temperature and cooking duration. Digital fryers are easy to use and can save you a lot of effort in the kitchen.
These are not all the air fryers that are affordable, you can also pick Chefman Express Air Fryer which is known to be a cheap air fryer but these are our best 5 affordable air fryer models (after a ton of research).
You now know the beauty of these appliances called air fryers and you can go ahead and make a purchase with full assurance that you will get delicious healthy treats from these seemingly cheap gadgets. But like everything in life; caution in using them is very important.
We do hope that this guide and these product reviews helped you find the best affordable air fryers. And if you are perhaps shopping for other air frying equipment then we welcome you to have a look at some of our other reviews where you can check out some of the best air fryers on the market.
We have a lot of reviews to consider on fryers with a larger or smaller cooking capacity, fryers that use compact air for frying, digital fryers, one touch fryers, and even temperature control fryers so you can enjoy flexible cooking and still get fantastic quality foods.
If the air fryers we included on this list aren’t quite what you are looking for then you should hop over to some of our other guides right now.