Pigs in a blanket are not only delicious and hearty, but they also make excellent finger foods. You can air fry them and serve them with your favorite sauce for a fun family dinner or as an appetizer or snack.
Frozen Pigs In a Blanket Air Fryer Recipe
- 10 pcs Frozen Pigs In a Blanket
- 1 tsp Butter
- Preheat your air fryer to 355 degrees Fahrenheit before starting to cook.
- Place the puff pastries into the air fryer, being sure to space them out so they each have room to expand.
- Gently brush the tops of the pigs in a blanket with some melted butter.
- Once your air fryer reaches the desired temperature, lightly brush the basket with some butter.
- Place the pigs in a blanket side-by-side inside the basket, leaving space in between each one.
- If necessary, cook in multiple batches for 4-6 minutes each.
How To Make Frozen Pigs In A Blanket With An Air Fryer
- STEP 1: You can fry the pigs straight from the freezer; there is no need to defrost them.
- STEP 2: Preheat your air fryer to 355 degrees Fahrenheit before starting to cook.
- STEP 3: Place the puff pastries into the air fryer, being sure to space them out so they each have room to expand.
- STEP 4: Gently brush the tops of the pigs in a blanket with some melted butter.
- STEP 5: Once your air fryer reaches the desired temperature, lightly brush the basket with some butter.
- STEP 6: Place the pigs in a blanket side-by-side inside the basket, leaving space in between each one.
- STEP 7: If necessary, cook in multiple batches for 4-6 minutes each.
- Only preheat your air fryer when you have pig rolls out from the freezer and ready. If you preheat too early, the dough may go through since it needs to be hot for the dough to rise.
- If you have parchment paper, you can line your air fryer with it.
- Brushing pigs in a blanket with butter before cooking gives them a nice golden-brown color and makes them extra delicious.
- If you want to achieve ideal cooking times, keep the size of your air fryer and the number of Pigs in a Blanket in mind. More specifically, it took me 6 minutes to cook when my basket was full and only 4 minutes when there were fewer Pigs in a Blanket.
Things to Watch Out For When Air Frying Frozen Pigs in a Blanket
Here are some suggestions to follow when you make air fryer frozen pigs in a blanket so that they will come out perfectly!
- Keep a close eye on the puff pastry near the end of its cooking time. It should be lightly browned and “puffed,” but if it’s a deep golden brown, that means it has been cooked for too long.
- Depending on your air fryer model, the cooking time may be a bit different. If your air fryer can’t cook all of these pigs in blankets at once, do them in two batches so they have enough room to spread out.
Best Dips For Pigs in a Blanket
If you’re looking for the best sauces to accompany your pigs in a blanket, look no further!
2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
All you need is one cup of ketchup and two-thirds cup of brown sugar!
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
This homemade buffalo sauce recipe is packed with flavor and just the right amount of spice. It’s great for any frozen pigs in the blanket recipe.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
The sweet and spicy honey sriracha sauce makes it the perfect addition to any dish. Other than pigs in a blanket, this dip goes great with air-fried chicken, fish, or meatballs.
Blue cheese dressing recipe is the perfect mixture of richness, creaminess, and tang. It also has the perfect amount of sharpness to it. Not to mention, it is so easy to make! This dip will make your frozen pigs taste their best.
You can also use alternatives such as Ranch, Ketchup, or Mustard if you don’t want to make the sauce from scratch. Choose your favorite dip or sauce from the supermarket to accompany your air fried pigs in a blanket!
Pigs in a blanket are best enjoyed immediately after cooking, so only make as many as you will eat. If you have leftovers, seal them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.
Your rolls will stay good for three days, but they won’t taste as great if you reheat them. Instead of using a microwave, which will make the rolls hot but also softer, we recommend using an air fryer.