Seasoned and delicious, these Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are a healthy alternative to beef burgers that can be enjoyed by the whole family in under 20 minutes! If you’re feeling creative, try adding cheese and other favorite toppings to our delicious turkey patties. But if not, they’re still great on their own!
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 4 pcs turkey patties
Homemade Turkey Patties
- 1 lb Ground turkey 85/15
- 1/4 cups Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 Onion grated
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 4 pcs buns
- 1 pcs small tomato sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- cooking oil
- Before cooking the patties, put them in the freezer for 20 minutes to ensure they will hold their shape.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit before carefully transferring the burgers over with a spatula-- ensuring that none of them are smushed.
- Air fry turkey burgers for 11-13 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- The burgers are ready when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crafting Turkey Burgers in Air Fryer
How to Prep Turkey Burgers for Air Frying?
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together ground turkey, grated onion, salt, onion powder garlic, mayo, and Dijon mustard until the ingredients are fully combined.
To make the patties uniform, divide the meat into 4 sections. Lightly wet your hands to prevent stickiness as you begin.
After you divide the meat mixture into quarters, roll each section into a ball. Next, place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once all the balls are on the baking sheet, use your palm to press them down until they are round patties that are ½” thick in diameter. To keep burgers from shrinking while cooking, make an indentation or small “thumb print” in the center of each patty with… well… your thumb!
Before cooking the patties, put them in the freezer for 20 minutes to ensure they will hold their shape. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit before carefully transferring the burgers over with a spatula– ensuring that none of them are smushed. If any of the burger patties do get smushed during transfer, simply reshape them once they’re in the air fryer basket.
How To Cook Turkey Burgers In Air Fryer?
Air fry turkey burgers for 11-13 minutes, flipping them over halfway through. The burgers are ready when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
These delicious turkey burgers come out piping hot and perfectly cooked every time, thanks to the air fryer. Serve on a fluffy bun or lettuce wrap with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Our Healthy Turkey Burger Patties Recipe (With Avocado)
We bet you can’t guess what gives our food that delicious, umami flavor…it’s the avocado sauce! And no, we’re not afraid to use it. In fact, avocado sauce is a versatile ingredient that can make any dish taste better. Not only are these turkey avocado burger patties healthy, but you can make them even healthier by forgoing the bread bun and wrapping them in lettuce to create “protein burgers”.
Another option is serving the turkey patty on a bed of crisp lettuce as part of a keto-friendly turkey patty salad. The air fryer turkey patties will be delicious no matter how you choose to serve them, as long as you add enough seasonings!
Air Fried Turkey Burgers Storage Tips
Our air-fried turkey burgers will last in the fridge for up to 4 days when stored in an air-tight container. They can also be frozen and thawed later, but make sure they are cooked all the way through before serving.
These delicious patties can also be reheated in the microwave or oven, although we recommend using the air fryer when possible– it will make them taste even better!
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy delicious and healthy turkey burgers in no time! With the help of an air fryer, you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for convenience.
Expert Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
While turkey burgers are simple to make, there are a few tips you can follow to ensure they’re incredible.
- Regularly check if meat is done: My cooking times are suggestions, not rulebooks. To get the best results, check your air fryer’s user manual for exact instructions. Additionally, always use a thermometer to gauge doneness; this will make sure your food is cooked correctly every time. Keep in mind that things like burger thickness can impact the final product, so always double-check the internal temperature of your food before taking it out of the air fryer. Turkey burgers should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Check for Stickiness: If you find that your ground turkey is too sticky or difficult to form, try using parchment paper. If the meat is still too soft, you can also refrigerate or freeze it for a short period of time.
- Divot: To keep your burgers from shrinking, make an indentation in the center of each burger with your thumb.
Why Use Air Fryer for Turkey Burgers?
Cooking with an air fryer has multiple benefits, the primary one being speed. Thanks to its quick pre-heating and air circulation method, food can be cooked faster in an air fryer than it could in an oven. However, if you don’t have access to an air fryer, stovetop, grill, or oven cooking directions are provided below.