A lot of air fryer makers say their machines are dishwasher safe. Of course, there is a lot of credit to their claims, but to save you the stress of verifying claims on products you want to buy, we have reviewed 5 of the best dishwasher safe air fryers on the market.
Let’s dive in.
Review of Top Dishwasher Safe Air Fryers
The first on our list, this air fryer is half the size of a standard air fryer, which means it can fit into the tightest of kitchen spaces without any fuss. The air fryer also uses AirCrisp technology instead of using oil to fry your food, eliminating fat by over 70%.
The appliance also has an auto-shutoff function that ensures that you will rarely burn your food and the basket is nonstick, ensuring that it is very easy to clean.
The machine comes with a recipe book containing over 15 recipes, so you can enjoy baked foods, french fries, desserts, you name it. And it also cooks very fast, so you won’t have to wait to sample your culinary delights!
- Customers attested to the fact that the air fryer is very easy to clean, especially with a dishwasher.
- The air fryer is very versatile, ensuring that almost anyone can use it, from college students to large families.
- The air fryer is available in five color schemes.
- The cooking compartment was too small for some customers.
This air fryer is one of the most reliable ones available on the market. It has an auto shut off feature that ensures that your food won’t get burnt, and at the same time also has overheating protection.
With its 3.5 pts capacity, this fryer allows you to cook a lot of dishes, such as; spring rolls, potato gratin, pork chops, drumsticks, etc.
The fryer also makes use of the Rapid Air circulation technique in which your food is cooked with heat evenly from all directions, eliminating about 70-80% of the fat.
The cool-touch handle ensures that you won’t get hurt whilst using this device, and the detachable pan and the cooking basket are coated with Teflon.
- This air fryer is commended as one of the easiest to clean by customers.
- Customers lauded the dependability and versatility of the air fryer.
- Some customers complained about the black coating coming off after a few months of use.
This air fryer helps you use a whooping 98% less oil than other fryers, making it very efficient.The basket is nonstick and very easy to wash, provided you don’t use abrasive pads. The appliance is cETL approved, meaning you can be sure of a high level of durability from this appliance.
The fryer’s dual knob controls both the time and the temperature, and the auto shut off feature of the air fryer means once your food is done, the fryer goes off.
Cooking in batches is even easier and faster, and the cool-touch body means there is almost no chance of getting your fingers hot if you have to touch the machine.
The fryer has a wide temperature range, allowing you to do more within a shorter period of time.
- The air fryer is rated as one of the easiest to use by customers
- The cooking speed is lauded by a lot of customers
- The basket has to be in all the way or the fryer won’t start, which is a safety measure.
- The cord of the air fryer is not very long.
- The air fryer is a bit large
The internal grid of the air fryer and the basket are quite easy to clean, contributing to high ease of use.
The fryer is very versatile and with a temperature range of 175°F to 395°F. Cooking with precision is an art perfected by this fryer, one that you would enjoy.
Grilling, baking, air frying, etc are all culinary adventures this air fryer supports, and with the auto shut off feature, you never have to worry about burnt food.
The size, 4.2 L, is ideal for families and small gatherings of people, and the digital display is a very interactive and intuitive one, ensuring that almost anyone can use it.
- Customers feel the product is valuable at the price quoted
- Some customers alluded to the fact that the results of the air fryer’s cooking tasted like deep fried foods
- The user manual is not very easy to read.
This fryer has quite the range of temperature; 108 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This gives you a wide range of options, from reheating to dehydrating to frying, your choice.
The cooking basket, crisper plate, and multi-layer rack all have a nonstick coating that makes them very easy to clean, and the fryer helps you eliminate over 75% of the fat in your food, whilst still tasting very similar to deep-fried foods.
The control panel of the fryer is designed to be one-touch, so you don’t have to linger and wonder at what setting you need to use. The design is easy to use and intuitive, and the fryer doesn’t leave any plastic smell on your food, even after first use.
- Quite a number of customers have lauded the ease of cleaning of this fryer.
- You don’t have to worry about the smell after cooking. As a particular customer put it, your house won’t smell like a chicken joint afterward
- The fryer doesn’t come with a lot of accessories.
- Some customers complained that the fryer got extremely hot during use.
Can I Wash My Air Fryer in a Dishwasher?
Er, your air fryer itself, no. It’s an electrical appliance and thus water will damage it. The basket and other removable accessories however can be washed with the dishwasher, or with your hands. Your choice.
Can I Clean My Air Fryer Basket in a Dishwasher?
This depends on the type of basket it is. If it’s a ceramic or stainless steel basket, by all means. But a nonstick basket with Teflon coating, you might want to take a pause here.
The reason is this; a dishwasher uses very hot water to get the dishes clean, and Teflon and heat don’t mix. In fact, at a certain temperature threshold, Teflon begins to disintegrate, reducing the durability of your basket. Over time, the nonstick coating of your basket may be gone, leaving you needing to get another.
To avoid this, we advise that you clean the Teflon basket manually, as this would greatly help prolong the operational shelf life.
Can I Clean My Air Fryer Basket without a Dishwasher?
Yes, of course. You can always decide to wash the basket in your sink. All you’ll need is mild hot water and a soft, non-abrasive sponge. If at any point there is grease or cooked food that has hardened and is making washing difficult, use a little detergent, and it will come off.
Of course, we always advise that if you are going to wash your basket and other accessories yourself, then you need to soak the basket in a slightly bigger bowl of water. This would greatly help when it’s time to wash.
In case you forget to do this and the grease and food sticks to the surface of your basket, don’t worry, we’ve got you. Just soak the basket in a vinegar solution for a few minutes.
What Should I Avoid when trying to Clean My Air Fryer?
We’ll put this in a list so you can always tick it off mentally. Take a look:
- NEVER put your air fryer in a dishwasher. It’s an electric appliance and as such shouldn’t go anywhere near water.
- Do not use anything abrasive on your air fryer. Be it on the accessories or on the air fryer itself, ensure that you don’t use any abrasive cleaners. If you do, you would cause your air fryer to peel and lose its coating.
To clean your air fryer properly, try to do it after cooking, once the cooking compartment has cooled down. This way, any food stuck there will be cleaned off easily. If it’s oil, pour it out into a bowl and dispose of it.
Also, make sure you regularly look after the element of your air fryer, wiping it as often as you can to prevent dirt and grease buildup. If your air fryer gets dirty, get some soap in boiling water and leave it in for about 10-12 minutes before pouring it out.
Let’s Round it Up
Cleaning your air fryer might be the least interesting part of using it, but it is a very effective way to prolong the life of your appliance. We trust that with all these tips, coupled with our review on the best dishwasher safe air fryers, making a choice on these appliances will be as easy as eating pie for you.