If you are a beginner then you still thinking – Can I cook battered fish in an Air Fryer. See, Air Fryer is a much better option for healthy cooking and tasty food so if you are still confused about the crispy battered fish in an air fryer then read this complete guide and get to know how to cook battered fish in an air fryer.
How to Cook Battered Fish in an Air Fryer
From regular fries to battered fish, you could cook just about anything in an air fryer.
Cooking with air fryers have become the next best thing.
Able to perform more than one cooking task including baking, roasting, frying, and grilling, this kitchen appliance has now become a very vital item in every kitchen. It is recognized by many as a kitchen assistant.
This versatility is not the only thing that endears air fryers to our health. More than anything else, air fryers are the best way to ensure we eat delicious meals without worrying about oils, fats, and calories. This is because it cooks our food by circulating powerful hot air all over the food. This mechanism makes it possible to cook with little or no oil. A delicious meal with very little oil is what everybody wants right?
The speed by which the air fryer cooks food is also something that makes the appliance highly desirable. Whether it is raw food or frozen food, whether it is meat or fish, air fryers take just very few minutes to cook food. This is a good way to save up time and energy for other activities.
Can You Cook Battered Fish in an Air Fryer?
Almost any food can be cooked in an air fryer. But with some foods, you would need to be very careful. One of such food is battered fish.
So, while it is possible to cook battered fish in an air fryer, you would need to be extra careful as the process might be a bit tricky. This is because the air fryer works by circulating hot air all over the food, which means there is a chance that the air could blow off the batter from the fish if you do not take the necessary measures to avoid this.
To ensure that the batter stays stuck to the fish during the cooking process, make sure you dip the fish inside your egg mixture after dredging in flour mixture and spray evenly with the cooking oil to solidify coating.
Steps Involved in Cooking Battered Fish in Air Fryer
- Prepare the flour mixture by mixing all-purpose flour, corn starch, salt, pepper, and some oil in a bowl.
- Prepare the egg mixture by whisking eggs and any seasoning of your choice in another separate bowl
- Cut the fish lengthwise into strips.
- Dip the fish strips first in the flour mixture, then transfer into the egg mixture. Remove and spray on both sides with cooking oil.
- Spray the cooking basket with some oil and arrange the fish strip in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer’s cooking temperature at 375°F and allow to preheat for 3 minutes.
- Return the loaded cooking basket into the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes interrupting the cooking half-way to turn the fish.
- The meal is best served hot and can be served with potato fries, broccoli or malt vinegar as the dipping sauce.
Battered fish when done properly with an air fryer can be a wonderful delight, enjoyed to whatever extent and at whatever time you want, since it is considered generally healthy when cooked in an air fryer.
The fish can also be prepared with different other recipes, feel free to try them all out until you find your favorite.