You recently bought an air fryer. You have fallen in love with it since you can now prepare healthy meals with a huge reduction in the use of cooking oil. Bingo! However, you would love to take the experience a notch higher by buying air fryer accessories to add to the variety of meals you can prepare. If you are feeling lost on what accessories to buy, relax now. This article will guide you on the best accessories to buy. Your search is now over. Let’s dive in.
This pan turns your air fryer into a grill with the ability to cook burgers, turkey, seafood, salmon, steak, fish, pork, chicken, and other foods like sliced vegetables.
- Compatible with common air fryer brands like NuWave, Secura, Philips, Coyzna, Habor, Power Air Fryer, Chefman, Emerald, Maxi Matic Elite, GoWise, Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360, among others
- Comes with a lifting tool for ease of drawing out of the air fryer and free silicone scrubber for easy cleaning
- Perforated holes to allow oils and grease in your food to drip away and enhance free airflow and even distribution of heat
- Raised edges to maximize cooking surface as you can place more food on the sides without fear of it falling off
- Premium non-stick double-coated surface makes it dishwasher safe and non-flaking.
- Some packages do not come with instructions on how to use the lifting handle
Parchment liners are an invaluable air fryer accessory for preventing food from sticking to the floor of the basket. This 100-piece, 9-inch bamboo steamer liners will remain resistant to heat and provide your food a platform to cook without losing taste or sticking to the pan.
- Resistant to heat up to 450° Fahrenheit hence remain intact throughout cooking
- Premade holes for easy circulation of air and even heat distribution
- Made of non-stick, non-toxic, and water and greaseproof 100% food grade pulp
- Comes with a free silicone brush for cleaning out and removing all food particles
- Might need some cutting to fit in air fryer baskets of smaller diameter below 9 inches
If your current air fryer basket has been giving you trouble with flaking, sticking food, or difficulties drawing it in and out, consider replacing it with the Cosori ultra-handle non-stick basket.
- Dishwasher safe if your time in the kitchen is limited
- 60-day money-back guarantee and 1-year buyer’s assurance extendable to 1 more year
- Durable non-stick coating for easy cleaning and separation of inner and outer baskets
- Ships with a free 100-recipe cookbook
- Only compatible with Cosori air fryers: CS158, CPA158-AF, and CO158
Do you want to cook large food items like chicken without them resting directly on the bottom of the basket? Then an air fryer rack is what you need for the raised platform on which your large food items will rest. This will ensure free flow of air and even heat distribution to all parts of the food being cooked. Make the MFTEK rack your choice with its two levels and a skewer so you can use the top layer for items like kabob and the lower grate layer for large foods.
- Dishwasher safe with zero-rust high-quality stainless steel
- Heat resistant and oven safe up to 500° Fahrenheit hence durable and safe for human use
- Dual-layer rack allows for maximized heating surface of food so it cooks faster and evenly
- Compatible with Farberware, GoWise, XL Power air fryer, Cozyna 4.2-6.8QT and up, and Philips
- Racks not easily stackable especially for new users
Air fryers are as good for baking as for frying. It’s thus important to buy a baking pan for your air fryer with which you can make monkey bread, eggs with vegetables, cakes, Asian style fish, macaroni and cheese, and more. The AAYU baking pan is a simple yet classy accessory to glam your home with for air-cooked delicacies.
- Compatible with many air fryers, ovens, and pressure cookers like Instant Pot, GoWise USA, NuWave, Philips, Black and Decker, Cooks Companion Avalon Bay, Ivation, Gourmia, Della, Farberware, among others
- Dishwasher safe with non-stick coating for easy cleaning
- Ships with a free 15-recipe electronic cookbook
- 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked if you don’t like the pan.
- Cleaning a bit tedious if you use it without oiling first
- Handle needs extra care during use as it also grows hot and could burn the user.
Since air fryers get so hot during cooking, investing in a good pair of tongs is an inevitable move for your safety. These OXO tongs will keep your arms and fingers safe as you work with the air fryer to pick food out. They also ensure the safety of your food as you won’t lose any to acts like dropping as would happen if you held the food with your bare hands.
- Blunt ends to avoid scratching other air fryer cookware
- Non-slip handle to comfortably rest your thumb on
- Dishwasher safe tongs with zero-rust high-quality stainless steel material
- Heat resistant up to 600° Fahrenheit.
- Quite heavy and offer high resistance during use
- Silicone heads on the arms sometimes come off after long use.
Air fryers are economical in the use of cooking oils. To make your experience even better, consider buying an oil sprayer so you don’t have to apply oil on the food by hand. Using the Evo oil sprayer will help you sprinkle the right amounts of oil on your foods without spillages or greasing your hands and clothes.
- Non-clog and no-shatter design so oil or vinegar flows out each time you press the handle
- Sprays 1.35 milliliters of oil with a unique fan pattern to cover more food surface with oil
- Refillable with balsamic vinegar, vegetable, canola, sesame, peanut, or olive oil
- Twist-on/off funnel for mess-free refilling.
- Small size calls for frequent refills when cooking is regular and frequent.
It would be a disservice to not use an air fryer to make one of the most-loved delicacies: French fries. Cut your potatoes and vegetables like cucumber and carrot using the Reliatronic cutter for finely-shaped pieces that will be easy to oil and cook.
- Two blade types to choose from for French fries of different sizes
- Super long, heavy duty handle for lesser effort when slicing potatoes
- Stainless steel material for ease of cleaning and zero-rust risk
- Large potato tray for holding bigger potatoes without having to cut them in half.
- Might require a brush to remove all potato or vegetable chippings that do not go away when dipped in water.
An instant thermometer will be a good combination with an air fryer. With this Habor meat thermometer, you won’t have to burn your fingers anymore. What’s more? There is no harm in having a double check, other than your air fryer’s thermometer. Note also that most recommended cooking times do not work and food actually takes longer to cook with some of the air fryers.
- 4-6 seconds response time with a +/-1 accuracy to avoid undercooked or overdone foods
- Extra-long probe to reduce hand burns when checking temperatures of solid foods and liquids such as milk and hot bath water
- Ships with a free meat temperature guide
- Automatic shutdown feature to preserve battery when not in use for over ten minutes.
- Risk of damage when exposed to temperatures beyond 572° Fahrenheit.
If your food items are too small and likely to fly around or out of the air fryer, then a pie crust weight chain will be good accompaniment. The weight chain will help your smaller items hold down in the air fryer for quick cooking with no pop up messes. Suitable for blind baking lemon meringue, banoffee pie, banana cream and chocolate cream pie, and more.
- Dishwasher safe with rust-free stainless steel material
- Beaded design for easy removal or placement
- Heat resistant up to 475° degrees Fahrenheit
- Optimal weight to hold down pies with even heat distribution and no formation of bubbles
- One packet may not be enough to cover the base of the crust and rise up the sides of the pie pan a bit so that the bottom crust presses against the tin during blind baking.
How to Choose the Best Air Fryer
When it comes to choosing the best air fryer for your kitchen, you won’t be spoilt for choice with our 2020 air fryer review based on consumer reports. Some of the things to consider when buying an air fryer include: allowance to see food while it’s cooking, ease of washing the parts, ability to regulate cooking temperatures, and size (some can only make meals for only one person, others for two or more.)
Attributes that Characterize Good Air Fryer Accessories
Good air fryer accompaniments have one key characteristic – universality. This refers to the ability for the accessory to be used on/with multiple types or brands of air fryers from the many varieties available in the market. Choose one that is easy to use with as many brands as possible in case you happen to change your air fryer brand in future.
Risks and Warnings When Using Air Fryers and their Accessories
Although air fryers have immensely reduced the risks that some with deep frying, there are still some minor risks to watch out for as MedicalNewsToday notes.
When using an instant food thermometer, ensure you get it off the food once you take the reading. Avoid exposing it to high temperatures such as in air fryers or ovens as this would cause breakages and possible harm to you and your food.
Generally, these air fryer accessories will all improve your food experience with the air fryer while keeping your health in check given the massive reduction in the use of oil. Just find a suitable recipe and air-fry your sumptuous meal.