In this article, we offer in-depth reviews and ratings of 7 of the best air fryers in 2021. The report is compiled after checking different customer’s feedback and consumer reports about the best air fryers reviews.
As we get older, we start becoming concerned about our health and wellbeing. We become more prone to disease caused by foods we enjoyed when we were younger, so we have to cut them off and start eating healthier. What if I told you that you could still eat that food; that you don’t need to cut off all the pleasures’ food can give you just to stay alive.
There is a new kitchen appliance in the market called an air fryer. Many of you may want to know what an air fryer is? Well, here we tell you more about this kitchen appliance.
An air fryer is an appliance that is more like an oven except that it uses hot air, with little or no oil, to fry, cook, grill, or smoke food put in it, an air fryer gives you the crispy feel but with 75%-80% less oil than contemporary ovens who produce more fats and cholesterol.
So we don’t have to fear anymore about eating the fried and grilled food we love while we were young, isn’t air fryers just a blessing from the heavens?
Before you go to the supermarket or the appliance store, you have to realize that there are a lot of best air fryers in the market with different capabilities, uses, and sizes.
Some air fryers can make a serving for more than 2 people while others can’t.
Some air fryer components are dishwasher compatible in the sense that their components can be washed in a dishwasher for easy cleaning.
|Image||Air Fryer Model||Capacity||Price|
NuWave 36001 Brio Fryer
3-quart to 6-quart
Toastmaster 2.5L Air Fryer
Some also have the ability to regulate the time and temperature at which the food is cooked while others can’t.
And, different air fryers use different technology that they use to cook the food. Take your time and read about the best air fryers reviews below to get an understanding before you make a decision.
Best Air Fryers 2021: Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
Here we describe the different air fryer models with reviews and a buyer’s guide, complete with details like size, capacity, pros & cons, price range, and what you can cook with them.
Our advice, if you are a big consumer of fried foods, is to try this small appliance. Your liver will surely thank you. With reviews from other buyers and with the help of this air fryer buyer guide, we can give you plenty of useful information regarding this product, like:
Philips is the most renowned brand across the globe in kitchenware. At the top of our top air fryer list, is the Philips model.
The Philips HD9621/96 air fryer weighs about 15.08 pounds, and 13.6 x 13.6 x 14.1 inches, it has a 1.8lb capacity to hold food that is to be cooked, baked, or grilled. The capacity is enough to feed up to 4 medium-sized eaters, it uses a voltage of 220v-240v during operation.
The air fryer is equipped with new and unique turbo star technology that moves hot air through the food evenly, so all parts of the food are ready at the same time and have the same texture and taste. The air fryer also uses a tablespoon or less of oil, so the food tastes fried but is actually less greasy.
Another good thing about this air fryer is that it doesn’t need to preheat; it becomes hot almost instantly, unlike other conventional ovens that take about 15-20 minutes to preheat.
It is also equipped with a non-stick, mesh quick-clean basket, which does not allow the food to stick to the basket during cooking.
The components of the air fryer can be washed with a dishwasher without being damaged. This makes it easy to manage and clean in about 90 seconds. It is the #1 air fryer in the world.
- All parts are dishwasher safe.
- The electric air fryer can fry, grill, roast and bake food.
- The large 1.8 pound capacity is ideal for feeding up to 4 people.
- The air fryer is very easy to use.
- You can prepare meals within minutes.
- The air fryer has 6 pre-programmed settings for easy cooking.
- You can adjust the time and temperature to your liking on this device.
- No pre-heating is required to use the device.
- It might be small for large families.
- Some accessories like the double layer rack need to be bought separately.
- No view window that allows you to see the food during cooking.
The Nuwave 36001 Brio fryer has a 3-quart capacity and an 11 x 8 x 13 inches and weighs about 8.01 pounds, it is equipped with a technology that uses hot air in combination with speed air circulation, which allows the air, to reach all part of the food. Nuwave also has a Brio 6-Quart Air Fryer model.
It comes with a removable drawer, which is embedded with a non-stick coating and advance safety feature that prevents the air fryer from working if the drawer is not inserted. Its components can also be cleaned in a dishwasher.
This air fryer also comes with a digital LED control, which comes with a digital timer and a built-in, automatic shut off function that allows you to select the type of food that you want to roast, cook, or grill. Also, when your food is ready, the air fryer stops and keeps it warm. So, you can easily put the food in and then concentrate on other things without fear of the food getting burnt.
It also comes with temperature settings that allow the user to control the temperature during cooking. The temperature ranges from 100-390 degrees F. It also comes with an auto pre-heat feature.
- The electric air fryer has 6 programs for easy cooking.
- The bright LCD screen gives you an instant view of cooking progress.
- You can get meals prepared within minutes.
- All parts are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- The fryer offers a vast temperature range of 200 – 395 degrees F, which is ideal for most foods.
- It includes a pre-heat function so you can get the machine ready for quick frying.
- The air fryer is nice and compact in size for easy storage.
- The 3-quart capacity is ideal for small to medium households.
- It might be small for large households.
- There is no window in the air fryer oven that lets you see your meals.
- It only includes one frying basket and no other accessories.
The Toastmaster 2.5l air fryer is an air fryer that weighs about 11.22 pounds and is 12.5 x 12.5 x 12.7 inches.
The 2.5-liter capacity is enough to hold food for the whole family. Perfect for a family gathering, it is equipped with rapid heat convection technology, which circulates consistent heat to provide a brown crispy meal.
It has a removable drawer like the Nuwave 36001 Brio fryer and it is also embedded with non-stick coating. It has a safety mechanism that switches off the air fryer when the drawer is removed.
Its components can also be washed in a dishwasher like the other two. Toastmaster allows users to be able to regulate the temperature depending on the type of food that is being prepared.
It comes with an built-in timer that allows the user to control how long the meal should be cooked so that the meal will not be overcooked or burnt if the user becomes distracted.
The air fry is also equipped with a cold touch handle that is insulated against heat and connected to the drawer, so the user can carry out the drawer when the meal is ready without using gloves.
- The 2.5 liter capacity is ideal for small to medium families.
- You can get food cooked or fried within minutes.
- The fryer is very easy to use.
- The fryer offers a vast temperature range of 300 to 400 degrees F.
- You can easily set the cooking time required for your foods and it will automatically switch off when completed.
- The set includes a frying pan and fry basket.
- You can produce a number of different dishes.
- There is no window in the air fryer oven to see through.
- The air fryer might be small for large households.
The first thing that distinguishes the GoWISE USA air fryer is that it features a 3.7 quart ELT certified stick-free cooking basket.
While smaller baskets can severely limit portion sizes and larger units often result in uneven cooking that burns parts of the meal while leaving other parts soggy, a 3.7-quart basket is perfect for individual portions and family sharing, and ensures an even and consistent air fry.
The touch screen of the GoWise USA air fryer allows you to customize cooking times as well as select a flexible manual cooking range between 175 to 400 degrees F.
Additionally, it has 7 built-in cooking presets that are easy to use and ensure consistent results every time.
Whether you’re cooking chicken, red meat like hamburger or steak, or even seafood like fish or shrimp, simply select the appropriate preset and voila!
It also features handy safety features. A button guard ensures that the basket doesn’t accidentally detach while the element is on, and a timer switches the fryer into standby mode automatically once your cook time is over.
As an added bonus, the GoWise USA air fryer also comes with a free book that contains over 50 recipes to get you inspired.
- The set includes lots of cooking accessories for enhanced flexibility.
- A recipe book is included.
- The fryer includes 8 cooking presets for easy cooking.
- It is a large 5.8 quart fryer.
- You can prepare food within minutes.
- The LCD display gives a clear view of the cooking progress.
- The air fryer is easy to use.
- It offers a large temperature range between 175 and 400 degrees F.
- You cannot see the food in the air fryer while it is cooking.
The Tristar product 36-0801-w 5.3Qt XL power air fryer weighs about 10 pounds and has dimensions of 14 x 12.5 x 14 inches.
It has a capacity of 5.3qt which is good for family use. It has a digital touch panel with 4 programs so the user can choose which one best suits him/her. It also has a non-stick drawer like the others to prevent the fried, baked, or grilled food from sticking to it, which can otherwise cause a problem during washing.
It is similar to the Nuwave 36001 Brio fryer and the Toastmaster 2.5l air fryer as, like them, it has an built-in timer that controls the time it takes for the meal to cook (a temperature regulator controls the temperature at which the food is cooked). The components can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
The temperature range spans up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The air fryer also makes use of rapid air technology, which moves the hot air in a super cyclonic motion to move it around every part of the meal so it will be cooked. It also has a large, easy-to-grip handle.
- The air fryer is easy to use.
- You can cook to temperatures up to 400 degrees F.
- You can use it to cook various food types.
- The LCD display is easy to read.
- You can set the temperature and time with ease.
- There are no cooking presets.
- You cannot view the food while it fries.
The Philips HD9240/94 Avance XL Digital air fryer black fryer weighs about 18.3 pounds and its dimensions are 16.6 x 12.4 x11.9 inches.
It is a black, sleek air fryer with a huge handle and a removable non-stick drawer. It is large enough to cook food for at least 4 people. The drawer also has a star-fish design under it, which enables the air to flow through the food easily, no matter how full the air fryer is. It has a 60 minute timer and its temperature can be adjusted to about 390 F.
One of the most interesting things about this air fryer is that it can memorize the setting for a particular food so you don’t need to perform any setting changes when you want it to cook the food again. Just put it in the air fryer and cook. Isn’t that amazing?
It also has a sleek touch screen at the top that lets you control the device and customize the settings, so you can get your food cooked the way you like it. It also gives the feeling that the food was made in a conventional oven.
- The device has 6 presets for easy cooking.
- It has a large cooking capacity that serves up to 4 people.
- The LCD offers easy viewing of the food’s progress.
- You can adjust the temperature and time with ease.
- Use the fryer to produce various meals.
- There is no window in the oven to enable you to see the food while you cook.
The T-Fal Actifry Airfryer and Multi-cooker weigh about 10.9 pounds and has dimensions of 19.1 x11.8 x15.6 inches. It has a capacity that can hold up to 2.2 pounds of French fries.
It is oval in shape, black with a metallic steel band, and has a ceramic pan that is coated with the non-stick substance.
This air fryer is equipped with a paddle that rotates the food so that the hot air from the pulse heat system reaches all parts of the meal to make sure that it is evenly cooked.
This air fryer can cook a variety of foods, like warm Brussels sprout salad, butternut squash, sautéed chicken, etc.
It also comes with a digital timer and a steam-free transparent lid, where the users can see the food as it is being cooked. Like the others, its components can also be washed by a dishwasher.
One other good thing about this air fryer is that it can cook more varieties of food than all the others mentioned above.
- Perfect for small families.
- Very easy to use.
- It includes a recipe book to help you get started.
- The cooker has a countdown timer with an auto off feature when food is done.
- It stirs the food while frying. No need to open the oven to toss or shake food.
- Includes a ceramic coated nonstick pan that is easy to clean.
- It uses very little oil.
- The top lid is clear so you can view the food while it is fried.
- A little bit of oil is still required.
- The cooker might be too small for some families.
The Yedi Houseware is an air fryer that weighs about 17.5 pounds and has a dimension of 18 x18 x15 inches, it is a black sleek air fryer and it is oblong in shape, its drawers have large cup shape and are very deep.
It can take enough food to feed at least a family of four, the pan does not come with a non- stick coating, but not to fear, it comes with 50 steaming papers that are put in the pan before the meal is added to prevent it from sticking.
The air fryer uses a circulating fan that moves hot air to all parts of the food. It also has a digital touch screen at the top, where the user can control the time and temperature of the food.
One amazing thing about this air fryer is that it comes with a pizza pan, cake carrel, and a multi-purpose rack, so you can make pizza and cake with it. Isn’t that just great?
It may not be a total replacement for an oven but it is still cool. This air fryer is not dishwasher compatible, so you have to wash it with your hands.
- It prepares meals in less time.
- The set includes various accessories that enable you to do so much more.
- There are lots of presets for easy cooking.
- You can make a huge variety of foods.
- The pot is nice and large which makes it ideal for bigger families.
- You can view food through the tempered glass lid.
- A recipe book is included.
- It is not exactly an air fryer and won’t produce food with a fried or crispy outer taste.
- It might be big and bulky for some.
Safety & Precautions for Air Fryer Use
We have talked about the air fryers, now we must know about safety and precautions we must take to ensure our air fryer lasts longer and functions well. Just take a look at the must not’s here if you want your air fryer to last.
- Do not rinse or clean the air fryer under running water.
- Do not put too much oil in the air fryer, it may cause a fire.
- Do not touch the appliance while it is in operation.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes before cleaning.
- Keep it away from children.
- Do not cover the air outlet.
Air Fryer: How It Works
The air fryer cooks the food by surrounding it with hot air. Its temperature generally reaches 200 Celsius. In practice, this appliance is equipped with a mechanical fan that circulates the hot air around the food at high speeds.
In this way, the fryer thanks to the Millard effect, creates a crunchy layer on the outside of the food yet leaves the interior soft.
The most beautiful and therefore most expensive models also have a small oil tank. Thus, while the boiling air envelops the food, a thin layer of oil is released which allows it to faithfully reproduce the frying effect.
Cooking with the hot-air fryer takes about a tablespoon of oil to cook the food.
Why Should I Use Air Fryer?
Obviously, thanks to the minimum use of oil, cooking is much healthier than traditional fryers. Furthermore, a characteristic appreciated by most is the total absence of the smell of fried food while cooking.
This method can be used to fry foods such as chips, fish, vegetables, chicken, and other types of meat.
This type of fryer is generally equipped with a digital timer and preset programs for cooking the most common foods. Once the timer or program is set, you can also dedicate yourself to something else without the risk of burning everything. Usually, the appliance can be easily removed and its parts can be washed in the dishwasher.
Finally, you can use the hot air fryer to heat up any type of dish.
Price Range of Air Fryers
Air fryers price range from $50 to over £200, but we will be focusing on the prices on the ones I have listed. You can just click on the product and check the latest prices.
Why Use an Air Fryer Instead of Oven
Air Fryers designed for home use are not very different from restaurant fryers. Their goal is the same – to fry your food. The key point when choosing a product is the maximum amount that can be prepared. The design includes a number of basic elements: a body, a cooking container, and a heating element.
It is usually made of plastic or stainless steel. The heating element is heated to 150-200 degrees C, and is equipped with a thermostat so that the temperature can be monitored. With a fryer, you can fry meat, fish, vegetables, and a range of other products.
This new cooking technology allows you to eat fried foods with fewer calories. At the same time, with the use of little oil, you also have an eye for health.
Many People think “why use an air fryer instead of the oven.” The answer is simple: because it is the best substitute and it has been calculated that the hot air fryer uses, on average, 70 to 80% less oil than traditional frying methods.
Air Fryer Recipes
I know you are wondering about what you can cook with this air fryer, most come with recipe handbook, but if reading too much bores you, here we have listed a few things you can make with it.
- Sweet potato tots
- General Tso’s chicken
- Banana bread
- Avocado fries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chicken strips
- Egg rolls
- Crispy Parmesan buttermilk chicken tenders
- Buffalo cauliflower
- Sweet potato dessert fries
There are a lot more recipes you can try too! Have a good time and enjoy the wonders of air fryers. We hope that our rating and consumer reports of best air fryers will help you quickly identify the right air fryer model for you so you can make the right choice when buying.